Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fear and power

I don't know what to say today.  Except have been thinking a lot about power and fear. I realized that by not owning my fears, I am turning my back on power. That recognizing my fears, not giving them rule over me, and still moving forward is part of power.  My fears have no basis in what is a real situation, they are the negative fantasy of my thoughts, and while there might be truth in fear, it is not always so.

I am having to face and own some of my fears today. I am choosing to write them here so that I am reminded of them and others can see that they are not the only one who might share these fears.

So what are my fears:
I am afraid my boyfriend is in love with another woman.
I am afraid of being alone.
I am afraid I will never change.
I am afraid that who I really am is not enough.
I am afraid of letting go control over everything.
I fear faith is not enough.
I fear I will never fully open to others love.
I fear love.
I fear living fully.
I fear failing at life.
I fear it is too little too late for my relationship.
I fear asking for the truth.

Maybe by seeing my fears I can be like Buffy and realize how little they are, and just step on them.  I can already see that with some of my fears. Others though I don't want to face, but will have to and will have to do it sooner rather than later.  Especially those around my relationship.  I know my stuff around being adoptive have held me back from facing/owning those fears. I know if I do ask the questions I want to ask, will bring some of that stuff up, but it is how I deal with my response/reactions that will be the the true test of everything. It will show my growth, and it will help me make some hard decisions. If I can ask the questions, and deal with every thing honestly and rationally, well then maybe living will be easier. I also hope that it will allow me to fully connect with others and explore relationships with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment