Wednesday, September 28, 2011

time to grow up

Reading Coming Home to Self is challenging me and causing me to have to make some hard realizations.  The biggest one right now is regarding where I am emotionally and what I can handle right now.  The hard part is owning it, and making the right decisions. Decisions that affect many areas in my life, and decisions that will not hurt others, cause I am tired of others being hurt by my trauma. I have to step back from my feelings, and use reason to make these decisions, which means I have to grow up and let go.  Letting go, one of my biggest challenges. But I need to do this, in order to grow up and become my true self.
My true self, ha, I realized yesterday I need to find me. I am 41 years old, and I don't really know who I am. I know some things that I like, but acting from my true nature, well let's say that I don't know and I am still mirroring what everyone wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment